HS Boys Club/Elite Team Coordinator (Dribble Drive Basketball)
- Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach at Northwest Christian University (NAIA, Div II).
- Oversees all Dribble Drive – TRBO High School Boys Club teams.
- Graduated from Willamette High School in 1991, where he was a 3-year Varsity Letterman in Baseball, 2-year Varsity Letterman in Soccer, and 1-year Varsity Letterman in Football.
- Started coaching basketball in 1987 as a Volunteer Youth Assistant Coach.
- Started Dribble Drive Basketball in 2003, and has coached many of the top AAU travel teams in the Northwest over the past several years.
- Dribble Drive is known for their high intensity defenses, attacking offenses, and for developing high levels of basketball IQ.
- Married to his wife, Wendy, since 1993. Their son, Jordan, is on academic and athletic scholarship playing basketball for Northwest Christian University. Their daughter, Brooklyn, attends Sheldon High School and is a full-time dancer at Hosanna Dance Studio.
- Has a tremendous passion for teaching the game of basketball. He stresses fundamentals, playing the game with passion, and working each day to be your own personal best on and off the court.
Player Development Coordinator
- As the Player Development Coordinator, Tami oversees, organizes and administrates TRBO clinics, camps, private lessons and academies.
- Along with being the Player Development Coordinator, Tami helps coach our youth elite teams and fall/spring valley teams.
- If you would like to set up private lessons, team lessons or small group lessons please contact Tami.
- Current Varsity coach at Thurston High School.
- Played basketball & volleyball at Northwest Christian University and Oregon State University.
- Played locally at Sheldon High School.
Youth Club Team Coordinator & Lead Coach of Player Development
- The Youth Club Team Coordinator oversees the coaching, development and recruitment of players on our youth club teams. This is grades 4th-8th grade. Teams play the majority of their schedule June-August.
Chelsea (Wagner) Dietmeyer
High School Girls Club-Elite Team Coordinator
- Chelsea oversees, organizes and administrates our Elite Travel Teams.
- Graduated from Springfield High School in 2001 where she was selected state player of the year her senior season by the Oregonian and USA Today. Led her team to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
- Played basketball collegiately at University of Oregon where she graduated in 2005.
- Chelsea was known for her dead-eye shooting from the perimeter and as a quality defender.
- Two years as a NCAA Division 1 assistant coach at Portland State University
- Assistant coach at Springfield High School and Marist High School for Chuck & Diane Wenger. Designed their offense and defensive schemes. As well as did a lot of the game planning and worked with developing guards.
- Currently serves on the board of directors for the Oregon athlete alumni association known as “The Order of the O”.
- Married to Todd, and the two of them have 3 kids.
- As the Coaches Coordinator, Roger will be working with TRBO Youth Feeder Coaches to support them, and equip them to be successful. He will be organizing and arranging clinics, educational opportunities, socials and a mentorship coaching program. One of our goals at TRBO is to create a coaching community. We desire to be a place where coaches feel supported and can better themselves as they seek to improve as mentors and as teachers of the game. Roger will be directly in charge of helping TRBO achieve these goals by working alongside our Youth Program and Youth Coaches.
- Roger is passionate about the game of basketball, equiping coaches to be successful and is organized.
- Has over 10 years experience with coaching youth at all levels and in a variety of sports.
- Roger has been involved and has believed in the vision of TRBO since it’s beginning. His first year he coached the Churchill TRBO team and in his 2nd year assisted Kayla Ping with the 6th Grade team that earned 2nd place in the Oregon State Championships.
- In the spring and fall, Roger coaches the Churchill High School team.
- Roger has a son who graduated from Churchill and is now attending Oregon State and a daughter who is a freshman at Churchill. His wife and sidekick is Mary.
Michelle (Tuma) Larsen
Youth Program & Valley Team Coordinator
- Michelle oversees, organizes and administrates our Youth Feeder Teams & Program.
- Graduated from Sheldon High School in 1998 where she was a 1st team all-league point guard and four year starter. Led her team to an 8th place finish in the state tournament. Selected State FCA athlete of the year her senior year.
- Earned a full-ride scholarship to play basketball at Portland State University where she graduated in 2002.
- Michelle was known for her sharp passing and ability to create for herself and others as a point guard.
- Assistant coach and JV Coach at Sheldon High School for Luke Roth from 2003-2005. Coached on the club circuit with Portland Elite Basketball Organization assisting Anthony Levrets & Velaida Harris (now the Univ. of Utah coaching staff).
- Head girls basketball coach at Thurston High School from 2005-2011. She built the program into a yearly league contender. They won the first league championship in school history in 2010 and her team advanced for the first time in school history to the playoffs-round-of-16 in 2011.
- Built the youth feeder program that was known as “T-Town Basketball” that fielded 5 teams a year in the Thurston area. TRBO’s youth feeder programs are modeled after “T-Town Basketball”.
- Married to Nick, and the two of them have 3 young girls.
Katy (Lockard) Naylor
- Graduated from North Eugene High School in 1998, being a 3-year starter and helping a 1998 playoff run.
- Played basketball collegiately at Northwest College, now Northwest University. Katy won Freshman of the Year honors for the NAIA Cascade Conference, as well as All-American status and 1st Team All-Tournament (2002) for the NCCAA (Christian Conference). Senior year led the conference in 3-pointers made with 85.
- Katy was known for her outside shooting and steady defense.
- Assistant coach and JV coach at North Eugene high school for Bill Wagner and Burdy Smith. Was on the coaching staff the year North Eugene finished second in state.
- Married to Mitch, and the two of them have two young daughters.
TRBO Current & Past Elite/Club Coaches
- Graduated from Marist High School.
- Competed on the University of Oregon women’s basketball team from 1989-90 through 1992-93.
- Head girls’ junior varsity coach and assistant girls varsity coach at Marist High School in Eugene, Ore., in 1995-96 and 1996-97.
- Has over 15 years of collegiate coaching experience. She was an assistant basketball coach at Boise State University from 1997-98 through 2001-02, was an assistant coach at Idaho State University in 2002-03, was an assistant coach at the University of Oregon from 2003-04 through 2005-06, was an assistant coach at Princeton University in 2006-07, and coached Portland State’s guards from 2007-08 through 2009-10. At PSU she quickly earned a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
- Currently is the head women’s basketball coach at Willamette University.
- Due to her extensive coaching background, Swadener knows many coaches in the college ranks at all different levels. She will be a valuable asset to our players who are looking to compete collegiately.
- She also has experience working with and developing division-1 all-conference guards and posts.
Current coach at Umpqua Community College. UCC has been considered one of the premier programs on the West Coast.
A quick summary of Stricklin’s coaching career reveals –
- 103 players who have received scholarships for four year universities
- 15 Conference, League, or Region Championships
- 14 Final Four appearances
- 2 California State Championships
- 2 NWAACC (Pacific Northwest) Championships
- 17 different Coach of the Year Awards
- 10 All Americans
- Inducted into the California CC Coaches Hall of Fame
Coach Stricklin is also a contributing author at Hoop Skills (www.hoopskills.com) a web site devoted to the education and improvement of players and coaches. He is also one of the co-creators of Basketball Classroom (www.basketballclassroom.com) which is a modular online clinic which instructs and mentors coaches all over the country.
- Current assistant coach at New Hope Christian College in Eugene, OR.
- 11 seasons as a head varsity coach at McKenzie high school with a record of 237 wins, leading his teams to the state tournament every year
- 4 league championships placing second and third in the state tournament with a record of 57-2 in his final two seasons
- Voted conference coach of the year six times, also contributing as a coach in several all-star games. Responsibilities include development of players, to offensive schemes and recruitment
- Current head coach at New Hope Christian College in Eugene, OR.
- Took his team to the OSAA state playoffs all four years and finishing his high school career by winning the State Title in 2012
- Voted “Coach of The Year” by his colleagues for his last three years at McKenzie High
- Awarded “Coach of The Year” for the Oregon Athletic Coaches Association in 2012
- Rusty has been a part of TRBO from the beginning. He has coached our High School Elite teams, Youth Elite Teams and our Valley Teams.
- Rusty is a teacher of the game. He enjoys breaking skills down and helping young basketball players improve. He is great at teaching progressions and explaining the game to younger athletes.
- Rusty is currently an assistant coach for Heath Alexander at Northwest Christian University.
- Assistant coach at Springfield High School and North Eugene High School for Bill Wagner. Was on staff at Springfield during the Mercedes Russell era and helped guide the team to two Oregon 5A State Championships, as well as a runner-up finish in 2013.
- Graduated from Springfield High School in 2000. Led her team to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
- Played collegiately at Portland State University from 2000-2004. At PSU, Hedgepeth was twice named First Team All-Big Sky Conference. As a senior, she averaged a double-double while leading the Vikings in scoring, rebounding, and field goal percentage. She ranks second in career rebounds at Portland State, as well as 10th in field goals made and 10th in field goal percentage.
- After college, Hedgepeth played four years of professional basketball in Portugal, Puerto Rico, Hungary and Finland.
- Hedgepeth currently is an assistant coach at Willamette University. She previously coached Volleyball and Basketball at North Salem High School. She also had a prior stint coaching with Bruce Henderson at Willamette from 2005-06 to 2007-08.
- Glenn Norris has been coaching basketball for 20 years, starting his career with sixth grade boys and working his way to his current position as the Lead Assistant Coach for the Northwest Christian University Women’s Basketball team. During his time on the bench at NCU, Norris has helped guide the team to wins over nationally ranked #20, #15 & #7 opponents. In the 2012-13 season, NCU finished sixth in the Cascade Collegiate Conference, their highest finish in program history.
- Previously been the head coach at Monroe High School for five seasons, taking the Dragons to two state tournaments, including a sixth-place finish in 2007. Norris was also honored to coach the OACA All-Star game in both 2007 and 2009.
- Was the JV coach at Elmira HS for two years.
- Norris played football, basketball, golf and ran track at Elmira High School before moving to Eugene his senior year where he played football and graduated from Willamette High School in 1988.
- Norris served our country in the Air Force with four years of active duty and two years in the Air Force Reserve. He is proud to have spent time in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the Iraqi border during Desert Storm.
- Married to Angie and they have five children.
- Norris has been self employed in the RV/automotive industry for 13 years which has allowed him to schedule his time/work around his passion, basketball. Norris looks forward to one day becoming a head coach again at either the high school or college level
- Current Varsity Coach at North Eugene.
- Has coached numerous TRBO Valley Teams, and helps with clinics and camps.
- Coach Oggle was a 3 sport athlete at Sheridan High School. She was a four year varsity starter on the basketball and softball teams, while also competing on the varsity volleyball squad for 3 years. She excelled as an athlete and a students earning academic all-American status. Coach Oggle is an excellent time manager who seeks to excel at all she does. She currently juggles being a full-time student at the U of O, North Eugene JV basketball Coach, North Eugene freshman volleyball coach, TRBC youth director, TRBC Elite coach and she refs in her spare time. Her immediate goals are to finish her degree and masters in education and to build a winning & successful program at North Eugene, from the varsity on down to the youth. In the distant future she hopes to have her own program and be a high school head coach.