Some areas have extended the deadline for registration to either Tue. Nov 21 or Wed. Nov 29. Please email to find out if your school area & grade level has been extended! email@example.com
On or Before November 3rd, price: $199
After November 3rd, price: $229
*Monthly Payment Options & Financial Assistance available at bottom of the page. For payment plans there is an additional service fee.
Our desire is to better prepare young people for high school basketball. How do we do this?1. We have a schedule that coincides with the high school schedule. We go from mid-November to beginning of March. With over 28 games.
2. We have coaches who are familiar and acquainted with the high school system, culture and coaches. They will be teaching your child the “high school way”. (Go here to see how we support, educate & equip coaches.)
3. We play regional teams from throughout the state of Oregon. Our teams prepare for the competition level they will face in the Midwestern league (5A) & Southwest Conference (6A). TRBO teams even have the unique opportunity to qualify for the State Basketball Championship! (More info here about State)
4. We play a tournament schedule. This playoff format offers a competitive schedule while seeing a variety of different teams. Games are on high school length courts, stop clock, high school rules and with high school qualified officials.
Here is more info:
- Practices begin week of November 6 or 13 (depends on area… contact youth director for specific times & place)
- Participate in a minimum of 7 tournaments over 7 weekends. With additional games and events. This is over 28 games.
- All qualifying teams can participate in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in Bend, Oregon, March 2-4. (No additional cost for tournament entry)
- The tournament schedule is posted each Wednesday prior to the weekend tournament we are participating in.
- We play a variety of teams. Some may be local and some regional.
- All our coaches are unpaid volunteers approved by the high school head coach.
- We mentor, educate and teach our youth coaches the culture and system of the high school so they, in turn, can teach it to their players.
- We offer all our youth coaches opportunities to improve their coaching, and we offer support from TRBO and the high school program. Check out our website: www.trbocoaching.org
- Tournaments are located in Eugene, Corvallis/Albany, Salem, Bend, Lincoln City, and Portland. The further we travel the likelihood of playing non-local teams increases. The closer you stay to home the more likely we are to play local teams. We allow the team to choose what is the best fit for them.
- The team coach will select the 7 tournaments. We encourage the coach to seek parent input in this process. This allows for some flexibility, having weekends off and/or ability to work around other activities.
- To help with this process we ask parents to complete a absences & conflict form so we can plan accordingly. Go here to do that.
- Tournaments do charge an admission for all spectators.
- TRBO formulates and organizes teams. We do not run our own tournaments. We send our teams to a variety of tournaments throughout the Willamette Valley & Oregon.
- Players can not participate in any practice, event, game or team until they are paid and registered.
- TRBO does NOT hold “try-outs” or “make cuts” for our youth teams in the 4J district. All players who are registered and paid by the deadline will be accepted and placed on a TRBO team. We hold “team formation” practices where we seek to do what is best for the program, the team and individuals. We place each registered participant, regardless of skill or experience, on a team where they can best grow & improve as basketball players.
- Uniform Purchase = $26
- Uniforms are a reversible mesh jersey in the high school colors and with the high school logo that will be used throughout a participant’s career and over multiple seasons. (If a participant has a jersey from last season, they will likely be able to use that one for this season).
- Similar to the above, but with various options. Click here to see 4th & 5th grade girls options.
- Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & details.
*We do not want financial limitations to be a barrier to participation. Please click here or go to “Forms” under the menu and complete a financial assistance form.